Smith & Nephew Algisite M Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing, 10cm x 10cm, Pack of 10
Smith & Nephew Algisite M Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing
A calcium-alginate dressing which forms a soft, gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate.
- Helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management.
- When used in a moderate to highly exuding wound, the dressing forms a soft gel, which does not adhere to the delicate healing tissues in the wound bed.
- The production of a gel by the action of exudate on the alginate fibers creates a moist wound environment at the wound surface - This helps prevent eschar formation and promotes an optimal moist wound environment.
- The dressing allows wound contraction to occur, which may help reduce scarring and also allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed.
- Conforms to wound contours- Can be molded, folded or cut to meet a wide range of wound shapes and sizes.
- Fast gelling, high mannuronic acid fibers.
- The advanced bonding technique means low fiber shed.
- Highly absorbent - High wet and dry strength.
- Soft and conformable.
- The dressing can remain in the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.
- Easy to remove - The dressing can be easily lifted out of the wound in one piece, or washed out with saline.
- Latex free.
ALGISITE M may be used for the management of minor conditions such as:
- Skin tears
- Minor burns
ALGISITE M may also be used for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including:
- Leg Ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds.
Size: 10cm x 10cm.
Pack of 10.
- A calcium alginate dressing indicated for the management of full and partial thickness wounds.
- Can also be used for: pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, surgical wounds, diabetic foot ulcers, malignant wounds and burns.
- Latex Free.
- Size: 10cm x 10cm, Pack of 10
Free standard UK delivery on this item: 4-5 working days to reach customer from time of ordering.
Express Shipping: 2-3 working days (if order placed before 3pm).
Refer to our Delivery Options & Policy Page for more information